This salad recipe combines fresh seafood flavors and a tangy, creamy salad dressing. Make it for your next big family lunch!
Fresh Crab Salad Recipe
Fresh Crab Salad Ingredients
- 4 green finger chilies (siling pangsigang)
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons taba ng talangka (we used Navarro’s)
- 1/2 Cup fresh coconut milk (gata)
- 1 tablespoon Calamansi Juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1/4 Cup Calamansi Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pieces cilantro roots
- 1 Cup fresh lump crab
- 2/3 Cup japanese cucumbers sliced thinly
- 1/2 Cup sliced cherry tomatoes rounds
- 1 Cup lollo rosso lettuce sliced thinly
- vermicelli noodles (sotanghon) fried, to garnish
- Make the coconut dressing: Roast chilies over open flame until charred. Place chilies in a bowl and cover to steam. When chilies are cool enough to handle, peel off charred skin and remove seeds.
- Make the base dressing: Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring to dissolve sugar. Discard cilantro root; let cool.
- Place crab, cucumbers, tomatoes, and lettuce in a large bowl. Add 1 cup base dressing and toss to combine. Divide salad among bowls. Top with cold coconut dressing. Save the rest of the dressing for another use. Garnish with fried vermicelli noodles. Garnish with edible flowers, if desired.