This fresh lumpia recipe has everything you want in it: fresh veggies, pork, sauce, and even a fresh wrapper! Use this recipe to make everything in this lumpia recipe from scratch.
How do you make fresh lumpia recipe?
The first step of making this fresh lumpia recipe is the wrapper. It’s an easy recipe for a delicate pancake. The peanut sauce is next which you’ll find is easier to make than you thought. Finally, you’ll need to make the filling which can be chockful of all your favorite ingredients: ground pork, cabbage, carrots, tofu, and potatoes, and if you want, togue and even camote. Put all these ingredients together and the freshest lumpia you’ve ever tasted is served.
Fresh Lumpia Recipe
Fresh Lumpia Ingredients
- 4 large Egg
- 1 Cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- vegetable oil to brush
- 2 cups pork stock
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- 1/2 Cup white onion chopped
- 1/2 Cup pork use ground pork
- 1 Cup yard-long beans (sitaw) sliced into thin, diagonal sliced
- 2 cups coconut palm (ubod) shredded
- 2 cups sweet potato (kamote) shredded
- 2 cups carrot shredded
- 1 block extra-firm tofu cut into small strips
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- lettuce leaves to serve
- Garlic chopped, to serve
- peanuts crushed, toasted, to serve
- Make the lumpia wrapper: Beat eggs in a bowl until foamy. Add cornstarch, water, and salt, whisking continuously. Heat a small nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Brush with vegetable oil. Pour ¼ cup of mixture into pan, swirling to cover bottom. Cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a slightly oiled plate. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Make the lumpia sauce: Combine stock, sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon garlic in a small pot. Bring to a boil and stir continuously until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add remaining garlic. Set aside.
- Make the filling: Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic and onions for 2 minutes. Add pork and cook until browned. Add beans, ubod, sweet potatoes, carrots, tofu, and cabbage. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in ¼ cup lumpia sauce.
- Place a lettuce leaf on one side of a lumpia wrapper. Top with about ¼ cup filling. Fold bottom then roll to secure filling. Serve with lumpia sauce, and garlic and peanuts for topping. READ THESE: MORE LUMPIA RECIPES Chinese Fresh Lumpia Recipe Lumpiang Togue Recipe