Get your hands dirty and enjoy crispy battered chicken in a fresh new way. Hugged by a sweet, smoky coffee-infused glaze, it’s nothing but finger lickin’ good!
Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Coffee Glaze Recipe
Hugged by a sweet, smoky coffee-infused glaze, it's nothing but finger lickin' good!
Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Coffee Glaze Ingredients
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 1.3 to 1.5 kilo Chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- corn oil for deep-frying
- 6 shots Coffee use espresso
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2/3 Cup catsup
- 2/3 Cup Butter
- Pour milk and vinegar into a deep dish; let sit for 5 minutes. Add salt and stir.
- Place chicken in milk mixture and marinate, covered, for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Make the breading: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan to 360°F. When oil is ready, dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into breading; toss to coat completely. Dip again in milk mixture and toss into breading.
- Deep-fry chicken until golden and reads 165 to 170¡F on a meat thermometer, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain on a wire rack.
- Make the sticky coffee glaze: place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Let sauce cool slightly. (Sauce will thicken as it cools.) Set aside and keep warm.
- oss chicken gently into sticky coffee glaze. (Alternatively, you can drizzle or brush glaze on chicken.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW