Here’s an easy fried chicken recipe that’s great for either a snack or a main dish for lunch. Let the kids help you out in the kitchen, too! Chicken is easy to work with. With a seasoning that’s light yet tasty, this chicken dish is finger-lickin’ good!
Fried Chicken Fingers Recipe
Fried Chicken Fingers Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast fillets sliced into strips
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 1 tablespoon Salt or to taste
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup cream
- Oil for frying
- Toss chicken fillets with salt and ground pepper in a large bowl. Set aside. Mix milk and vinegar in a bowl until thickened. Beat in egg. Set aside.
- In a deep container, combine paprika, pepper, thyme, salt, flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. Taste mixture to check for seasoning, and adjust. Reserve 1 heaping Tbsp. Set aside.
- Make breading station: Arrange bowls of chicken, milk mixture, and flour mixture in a row. Dip chicken strips into milk then press into flour. Transfer to a tray; repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a saute pan. Once hot, deep fry chicken strips until cooked through and golden brown. Drain on a rack over paper towels.
- Lower heat to low. Drain oil but not the browned bits. Stir in reserved flour. Whisk in chicken stock, and cook until thickened. Stir in cream, and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately with chicken fingers. Recipe orginially published in the October 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.