Use your kid’s favorite corn chips to create a tasty fried chicken coating. It’s classic fried chicken with a smart twist!
Corn Chip-Crusted Fried Chicken Recipe
Corn Chip-Crusted Fried Chicken Ingredients
- 1 200-gram bag corn chips
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 quarters chicken legs separated
- 2 fillets chicken breasts halved
- Oil for frying
- In a deep sauté pan over medium heat, heat enough oil for pan frying.
- Place corn chips in a blender. Process until finely ground. Transfer to a plate. Stir in flour, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze juice from lemon onto a shallow plate. Beat in eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip into egg, then into corn chip flour mixture. Set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Fry chicken in hot oil in batches until cooked through. Drain on a rack with paper towels. Serve with ketchup and rice. Recipe originally published in the June 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.