Here’s an easy way to coat fried chicken fingers: use corn chips or potato chips! You can even choose cheese-flavored ones to add a little extra oomph to the dish.
Fried Chicken Strips Recipe
These are coated in crunchy corn chips!
Fried Chicken Strips Ingredients
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 2 72-gram bags chips cheese-flavored, nacho
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup yogurt
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 4 large chicken breast fillets cut into large strips
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- sour cream to serve
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped, to serve
- Oil for frying
- Place oats and chips in a food processor, and process for 20 seconds or until coarsely ground; transfer to a shallow bowl. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and ground pepper. Mix yogurt and milk in a medium bowl. Season chicken strips with salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare breading station: place in order, starting with the flour, then yogurt, and finally, the chip mixture. grab a chicken strip and toss in flour. Then dunk in yogurt mix. Roll in the chip mixture until covered completely. Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken strips until allare breaded. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Pour in enough oil to reach halfway up the sides of the pan. In batches, place chicken strips into the hot oil and fry until both sides are cooked through. drain on paper towels.
- Mix sour cream and cilantro in a small bowl. Serve chicken strips immediately with the sour cream dip. Recipe originally published in the September 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW