- Cream gravy is perfect with anything crunchy and deep-fried! Substitute the usual fried chicken with pork to make an instant family favorite.
Fried Pork Cutlets with Cream Gravy Recipe
Pork cutlets are easy to work with because there are no bones you have to worry about.
Fried Pork Cutlets with Cream Gravy Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cutlets pork skins removed
- 1 tablespoon Oil more for frying
- 1/2 Cup All-purpose cream
- 1/4 Cup water
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- rice to serve
- In a deep sauté pan over medium heat, heat enough oil for pan frying.
- Meanwhile, mix cayenne, oregano, chili powder, flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper, or to taste, in a small bowl. Dredge pork in flour mixture.
- Once oil is hot, add pork. Cook until cooked through. Drain on a rack over paper towels.
- In another frying pan over medium heat, heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Add 1 Tbsp. of the flour mixture to the pan, and stir to mix. Add cream and water, stirring until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, and serve with pork and rice. Recipe originally published in the June 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW