Fried tawilis comes together in only a few minutes, and is even better with fun dipping sauces (sawsawan). These three dips are super easy to make!
Fried Tawilis Recipe
Fried Tawilis Ingredients
- 1 kilo tawilis
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup cornstarch
- 1 Cup water
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- red chili pepper Optional
- 3 teaspoons Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoons crispy garlic
- 1 teaspoons Calamansi Juice
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 can canned crushed tomatoes drained
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cashew nuts toasted
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- Combine water, flour, and cornstarch to make a batter. Set aside.
- Season tawilis with salt and pepper, then dredge into the batter. Deep fry until golden brown and crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- To make the vinegar dipping sauce: combine vinegar, onions, garlic, and chili.
- To make the garlic mayo dipping sauce: combine the mayo and garlic in a bowl. Adjust tartness with calamansi juice.
- To make miso-tomato cashew dipping sauce: combine miso paste, tomatoes, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, and cashews in a food processor. While pulsing, slowly pour in the oil until fully emulsified. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.