These homemade fruit scones are so easy to bake! They’re so buttery and yummy, and are a wonderful treat for breakfast, afternoon tea, or even for a party. Spread them with jam, cream cheese, or simply eat them plain. They’re so delicious!
Fruit Scone Recipe
Enjoy these scones any time of the day!
Fruit Scone Ingredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup raisins (or other berries or fruit)
- Butter melted, as needed
- cream cheese as desired
- strawberry jam as desired
- Mix the flour, baking powder, butter, and sugar together in a bowl, until the mixture looks like crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk together. (Note: If buttermilk is not available, you can substitute it with a mixture of 1 cup fresh milk and 1 tablespoon vinegar or fresh lemon juice. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes until curdled.)
- Add the liquid to the crumb mixture.
- Continue to mix the dough, until it is smooth.
- Add the raisins, and mix until evenly distributed.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, flatten the dough, and leave to rest for approximately 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2.5 centimeters and cut to desired shape. Rest the scones for another 20 minutes.
- Gently brush butter on top of the scones.
- Bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees F or 180 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool before serving with cream cheese or clotted cream and strawberry jam.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW