Everyone loves fried chicken! Change it up a bit and make your fried chicken plate extra garlicky with this easy recipe.
Garlic Fried Chicken Recipe
Garlic Fried Chicken Ingredients
- 1 kilogram Chicken
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 5 pieces calamansi juiced
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 10 to 12 cloves Garlic
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Marinate chicken legs in fish sauce, pepper and calamansi juice for a few hours. Prick the chicken legs with a fork so the chicken will absorb the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and place the chicken with the skin side down and fry for about 5 minutes. Add the cloves of garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Turn the chicken on the other side after 5 minutes and fry until chicken is cooked through. Remove the garlic from the pan once color turns golden brown and set aside.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from the pan and place them on paper towels to absorb excess oil. To serve, transfer to a serving plate and top with the pan-fried garlic.