This Filipino merienda treat is made with glutinous rice flour balls, sweet potatoes, fruits, and ube.
WATCH: How to Make Ginataang Bilo-Bilo Posted in: Cooking
Ginataang Halo-Halo (Ginataang Bilo-Bilo) Recipe
Bring back childhood memories with this comforting bowl.
Ginataang Halo-Halo (Ginataang Bilo-Bilo) Ingredients
- 1 Cup glutinous rice flour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1/2 Cup water warm, plus 1 tablespoon
- 4 cups coconut milk (gata) gata, fresh is best
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup jackfruit (langka) shredded
- 3 cups sweet potato (kamote) cubed
- 1 Cup taro root (gabi) cubed
- 1 1/2 Cup Ube cubed
- 1 1/4 cups banana (saba variety), sliced (you may also use plantains)
- 2 cups Mini Tapioca (Sago) cooked
- 1 Cup coconut cream (kakang gata) kakang gata, fresh is best
- Make the glutinous rice balls: Combine glutinous rice flour and rice flour. Add warm water and knead to form a dough. Take ½ tablespoon dough and roll in your palms to form a ball. Place on a plate. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Cover balls with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Boil 3 cups water, coconut milk, sugar, and jackfruit in a pot over medium heat. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, taro, purple yam, and saba. Simmer until tender. Add glutinous rice balls and tapioca pearls. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW