This ginataang hipon recipe is cooked in coconut milk and other delicious ingredients. It makes for a hearty dish filled with vegetables such as squash and string beans. Want to make it extra healthy? Add in a few bundles of kangkong. This is the perfect pick-me-up dish and is sure to keep you going throughout the day. Make sure to let the coconut milk simmer until it becomes a little oily in consistency—this gives your dish creamy tones. Serve this dish with a side of steaming white rice!
Ginataang Hipon, Sitaw at Kalabasa Recipe (Shrimp in Coconut Milk)
Ginataang Hipon, Sitaw at Kalabasa Ingredients (Shrimp in Coconut Milk)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cups squash (kalabasa) peeled and cubed
- 1/2 kilogram Shrimp
- 2 cups string beans (sitaw) cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (gata)
- 3 pieces Green Chili Pepper
- In a wok, saute chopped onion and minced garlic in oil over a medium heat and cook until the onions are transluscent.
- Add the peeled and cubed kalabasa and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and sitaw, then continue cooking for another 3 minutes before adding the fish sauce and pepper.
- Pour in the coconut milk, bring it to a boil and then add the green chili. Cover the wok and continue simmering until vegetables are cooked and coconut milk becomes a little thick.