Ginataang manok is one of the most favorite Filipino dishes. It is cooked with coconut milk and sautéed in ginger that are packed in flavors. The secret in making this dish so flavorful is by using kakang gata or pure coconut milk. Fish sauce and vinegar are added to balance and enhance the richness of the dish. This scrumptious meal will definitely delight your taste buds. This is best paired with hot rice.
- ALSO READ:
- Ginataang Manok with Luyang Dilaw (Turmeric) Recipe
- Ginataang Manok at Kalabasa Recipe
- Ginataang Manok with Sayote Recipe
Ginataang Manok Recipe
Here's an ulam everyone will enjoy!
Ginataang Manok Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 thumb-sized ginger julienned
- 6 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 medium white onion sliced
- 1 1.2 kilogram whole chicken cut up
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 piece green chili fingers (siling pang-sigang)
- 6 tablespoons Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking pot over medium heat, and pour in the oil. Sauté the ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Add the chicken and cook until it renders its fat.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to boil. At this point you can add green chili and vinegar.
- Lower down heat setting and cover the pan. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add the fish sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside 3/4 of the sauce and reduce the remaining sauce by increasing the heat to High. Wait until sauce curdles and the coconut milk separates into curds and coconut oil.
- Pour the reserved sauce back into the pot, then cook and reduce a little more until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat then transfer to a serving plate. Serve while hot. Best paired with hot rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW