This Pinoy chicken stew is a hearty and satisfying bowl simmered in coconut milk and turmeric.
Ginataang Manok with Luyang Dilaw (Turmeric) Recipe
Ginataang Manok with Luyang Dilaw (Turmeric) Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 pieces turmeric (luyang dilaw) sliced
- 1 1-inch ginger sliced
- 1 kilo whole chicken cut into pieces
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 3 pieces green chilies (siling pangsigang) sliced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oil in a medium pot and saute onion, turmeric and ginger. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the coconut cream and green chili. Let it simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.