This ginataang monggo recipe is perfect for dessert or merienda! Toast the mung beans to add flavor.
Ginataang Monggo Recipe
Ginataang Monggo Ingredients
- 1/3 Cup yellow monggo beans (mung beans) dry roasted on a pan
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (gata)
- 1/2 Cup coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 1/2 Cup bigas malagkit (sticky rice) rinsed
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup water as needed
- Pound beans on a mortar and pestle until roughly ground.
- Boil coconut milk and coconut cream together in a pot. Add the sticky rice and the ground monggo beans and let simmer, while constantly stirring, for about 30 minutes or so, or until the rice and the monggo are cooked as desired..
- Sweeten with sugar. Water may be added if consistency gets too thick. Serve hot