The usual monggo stew you love having every Friday just got better. This ginataang monggo recipe is not your usual. It is not sweetened. The sweetness in this recipe comes from the gata or coconut milk so this is really a savory dish that you will want to serve with your favorite fried food and lots of rice.
Ginataang Monggo With Langka Recipe
Ginataang Monggo With Langka Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup monggo beans
- 1 1/2 cups langka roughly chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups coconut milk
- dried fish as needed
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Boil monggo in water for 30 to 45 minutes in medium heat or until monggo splits.
- Add langka and continue to boil until langka is tender. Throw out the water.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dried fish and simmer for another 2 minutes. Serve.