A simple ginisang ampalaya recipe is made into ulam when scrambled eggs are added. Why not make it extra delicious and hearty with tofu added to the dish?
Ginisang Ampalaya With Egg And Tofu Recipe
Ginisang Ampalaya With Egg And Tofu Ingredients
- 2 pieces ampalaya about 500 grams
- 1 tablespoons Salt for soaking
- 1 500-gram pack firm tofu sliced into cubes
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 Small tomatoes deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten
- vegetable oil for frying and sauteing
- Slice ampalaya in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and discard. Slice ampalaya into thin half-moons and place in a bowl filled with water. Add salt and mix. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remove water and rinse ampalaya. Squeeze out any excess water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Dredge tofu cubes in flour. Fry in batches until crisp and golden, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add tomatoes and saute until softened.
- Add ampalaya and mix to combine. Cover for 5 minutes or until ampalaya is softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tofu cubes. Pour in beaten eggs and toss gently until completely cooked, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.