Load up on your veggies with a Filipino favorite: gising-gising! This stir-fry recipe has a good serving of kangkong, or water spinach, along with pork and coconut milk. It’s sure to wake you up with a burst of mouthwatering flavors and textures. This dish is also very affordable and easy to make. All you need to do is sauté your ingredients before adding in the coconut milk and cream.
Gising-Gising with Kangkong Recipe
Gising-Gising with Kangkong Ingredients
- 200 Grams pork use ground pork
- 2 bundles kangkong (water spinach) leaves stems only, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons Bagoong (Shrimp Paste)
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk (gata)
- 1/4 Cup coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 1 to 2 pieces finger chilies (siling pangsigang) sliced
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté the onions, garlic, ginger and bagoong. Add the ground pork and cook until slightly brown.
- Add coconut milk and coconut cream and allow to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced chilies and kangkong stems and cover to simmer for another 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. More green chilies may be added if desired.