Here’s a toned down (yet still tasty!) green mango prawn curry recipe that’s sure to please the Pinoy palate.
Green Mango Prawn Curry Recipe
Green Mango Prawn Curry Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 Cup coconut milk (gata)
- 1/2 Cup coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 1 medium green mango peeled and sliced lengthwise into strips
- 3 jumbo Prawns (Sugpo)
- 1 finger chilies (siling pangsigang) or more, if desired
- Salt to taste
- cilantro (wansoy) to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onions, ginger, and curry powder for 2 minutes.
- Add patis. Once patis starts to boil, add coconut milk and coconut cream. Lower heat to simmer.
- Add green mangoes and prawns; bring to a boil. Add chilies, then lower heat to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.