Who can resist an extra-gooey grilled cheese sandwich? This sandwich recipe has savory corned beef in it, too. A tip to make grilled cheese sandwiches hefty? Add leftover ham or chicken!
Grilled Cheese and Corned Beef Sandwich Recipe
Grilled Cheese and Corned Beef Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 260-gram can corned beef
- 16 slices white bread
- Butter softened, for brushing
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add corned beef; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until some of the juices have evaporated. Set aside.
- Brush one side of 16 white bread slices with softened butter. Top a bread slice, buttered side down, with ¼ cup each corned beef, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Cover with another bread slice, buttered side up. Repeat to make 7 more sandwiches.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan until almost smoking. Grill 2 sandwiches until browned, about 1 to 1½ minutes on each side, pressing down sandwiches slightly with a turner. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately with store-bought balsamic caramelized onion jam or tomato soup on the side, if desired.