In this updated burger recipe, Thai herbs and spices are used instead of just plain old salt. Grill ithese burgers for a smoky kick!
Grilled Chicken Burgers Recipe
Grilled Chicken Burgers Ingredients
- 1 115-gram can Pineapple Tidbits drained
- 1 medium Cucumber peeled, seeded, and sliced thinly
- 750 Grams ground chicken
- 1/4 Cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup Lemongrass white part only, finely chopped
- 4 leaves kaffir lime leaves chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons red onion minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 2 birds eye chilies seeded and minced
- 1/2 Cup red curry paste store-bought
- 1 large Egg beaten
- Make the cucumber-pineapple relish: Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the sriracha mayonnaise: Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the burger patties: Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Fry a tablespoon of the mixture and taste to check the seasoning. Adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Fry patties in batches for about 3 minutes on each side, turning once. Add remaining oil to the pan and fry remaining burger patties.
- To assemble, spread 1 tablespoon sriracha mayonnaise on the insides of a hamburger bun. Place a lettuce leaf and burger patty on the bottom half of the bun. Top patty with cucumber-pineapple relish and more sriracha mayonnaise. Cover with top half of the bun. Repeat to make 5 more sandwiches.