How about making a no-fuss chicken dinner? This chicken recipe puts together aromatic herbs, chorizo, and chicken to make a satisfying meal. Open the packets, and roast for another 5 minutes to brown the chicken, if desired.
Grilled Chicken Packets Recipe
Grilled Chicken Packets Ingredients
- 4 Chicken use leg quarters, divided into legs and thighs
- 2 teaspoons basil leaves ground
- 4 cloves Garlic sliced thinly
- 4 pieces chorizo bilbao sliced
- 1 can chickpeas (use 400-gram can)
- 1 Cup edamame beans (frozen)
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup white wine divided
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock divided
- basil leaves torn small, to serve
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Generously season chicken pieces with basil, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Tear 4 long pieces of foil and lay on the counter. Divide garlic, chorizo, chickpeas, and edamame evenly on the bottom third of each foil length. Place a chicken leg and thigh on top of chickpea mixture. drizzle olive oil, white wine and, finally, chicken stock, over each piece of chicken. Fold over the foil to cover chicken. Starting on one edge, begin folding edges all around each foil packet until completely sealed. Place on baking sheet, and put in preheated oven. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and place each packet on a plate. Using scissors, open each packet by cutting the middle and peeling back the foil until the chicken is exposed. Sprinkle with basil leaves, and serve while hot. Recipe originally published in the September 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping.