This chicken recipe features a versatile mushroom sauce that you can also pair with burger patties, steak, and pan-fried pork.
Grilled Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
This chicken dish has a versatile mushroom sauce!
Grilled Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- chopped parsley to garnish
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onions
- 1 198-gram can whole button mushrooms drained and sliced in half
- 1 289-gram can cream of mushroom soup condensed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine chicken, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 12 to 15 minutes per side or until completely cooked.
- Make the creamy mushroom sauce: Heat butter and olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onions, and mushrooms.
- Add mushroom soup and ½ cup water, mix well, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste, add fresh thyme leaves, and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve grilled chicken with creamy mushroom sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW