This beef recipe is a twist on the classic Filipino dish, morcon. Get the grill going as you prepare the meat roll. The charcoal gives it extra flavor, perfect for summer.
Grilled Morcon Recipe
Morcon gets a fun twist!
Grilled Morcon Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo flank steak
- 1/4 Cup sun-dried tomatoes pesto, divided
- 3/4 Cup pickle relish drained
- 3 Small red bell peppers steam and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 Small green bell peppers steam and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 400-gram can tomatoes diced
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Knorr SavorRich Chicken
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Lay beef flat on a cutting board. Slice beef horizontally to open into a large thin layer of meat. Season both sides with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Reserve 1 tablespoon of pesto, then spread remaining pesto over meat. Spread pickle relish and bell peppers over meat, keeping about an inch on one long side free of the vegetables.
- Roll meat tightly starting from the border, without any vegetables. Place seam side down. Using butcher s twine, tie in 2-inch sections along the length of the meat. Once tied, cut between the tied-off sections. Set aside. Start up the grill.
- Meanwhile, make sun-dried tomato sauce: In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic, and cook until softened. Stir in reserved pesto, then add diced tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until slightly thickened. Season with soy sauce and Knorr SavorRich chicken. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place morcon pieces on the grill. Grill both sides, about 12 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from grill, and serve with tomato sauce on the side. Recipe originally published in the April 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW