Use lemongrass stalks as skewers for extra flavor in this grilled pork recipe.
Grilled Pork Skewers Recipe
Grilled Pork Skewers Ingredients
- 1 4-inch stalk lemongrass (tanglad) sliced, plus 8 stalks
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 pieces coriander root
- 2 stalks green onion
- 500 Grams pork use ground pork
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- vegetable oil for brushing
- Sweet chili sauce to serve
- Pound (or whiz) together sliced lemongrass, garlic, coriander root, and green onions until a paste forms using a mortar and pestle (or a food processor).
- Mix together lemongrass mixture and ground pork in a large bowl. Add sugar, fish sauce, and black pepper.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions; form each into a ball using your hands. (Moisten your hands to prevent meat from sticking.)
- Insert a lemongrass stalk halfway into each meatball. Mold meat around lemongrass stalk to form logs. Brush with oil.
- Preheat a charcoal grill or grill pan. Grill skewers for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve with sweet chili sauce.