The crunchy, juicy singkamas turns into sweet, lightly smokey bits.
Grilled Prawns with Carrots and Singkamas Recipe
Grilled Prawns with Carrots and Singkamas Ingredients
- 2 cups water
- 2 pieces carrot cut into large chunks
- 1/2 kilo Prawns (Sugpo) peeled and deveined, with tails left intact
- 1 Table Spoon Oil
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 pieces jicama (singkamas) peeled and cut in large chunks
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Put carrots and cook for a couple of minutes to lightly blanch them. Take them out of the pot. Set aside.
- Season prawns with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Toss. Sprinkle with turmeric powder and toss lightly.
- Alternately thread prawns, singkamas, and carrots through a skewer.
- Fire up grill. Lightly brush grilling surface with oil to prevent prawns from sticking.
- Grill skewered prawns and vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.