Croissants, ham, and cheese make for a filling morning meal. Try this hefty breakfast dish this weekend.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- 5 pieces butter croissant
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 3/4 Cup queso de bola grated, divided
- 3/4 Cup ham roughly chopped, divided
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Tear croissants into bite-sized pieces in a large bowl. Toss with ham and cheese, reserving ¼ cup each for the topping. Transfer to a baking dish. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and milk. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over croissants. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake until custard has set and tops have browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve while warm. Makes 8 servings. Recipe originally published in the December 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.