Sandwich a slice of ham along with creamy egg salad! Light and tasty pandesal is the perfect bread for this baon-friendly sandwich.
Ham and Egg Pandesal Sandwich Recipe
Pair the classic egg salad sandwich filling with salty ham.
Ham and Egg Pandesal Sandwich Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish drained
- 1 Cup ham chopped
- Salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 large pandesals
- 1 teaspoon cheese spread
- 1 slice kesong puti
- 1 tomato sliced
- Place 2 eggs into a saucepan of water and bring to a boil. Boil 8 min., drain, and cool. Peel, then roughly chop. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, prepared mustard, garlic powder, pickle relish, drained, and ham, chopped, into chopped egg. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Cut pandesals in half. Toast if desired. Spread cheese spread on the cut side of a pandesal. Top with 1 slice kesong puti, egg and ham mixture, and a tomato slice; cover with the other pandesal half. Repeat with remaining pandesals. Serve immediately. Recipe originally published in the Jan/Feb 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW