You can fry these potato pancakes until they are crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Use your leftover ham to save you the trouble of a trip to the grocery store, too.
Ham and Potato Pancakes Recipe
Make savory pancakes for a change!
Ham and Potato Pancakes Ingredients
- 1 large potato peeled, chopped
- 1/2 Cup frozen green peas
- 1 Cup ham
- 1 large white onion finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Garlic Mayonnaise to serve
- Boil potato and frozen green peas in a medium pot until tender. Drain and roughly mash with potato masher. Set aside.
- Roughly chop ham and add to the potatoes mixture. Stir in onion. Season mixture with flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and ground black pepper, or to taste.
- Stir to mix and divide into 8 portions. Form each portion into a patty. Chill if desired or freeze until ready to cook. Heat enough oil for pan frying. Pan fry each patty until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels before serving with garlic mayonnaise. Recipe originally published in the Jan/Feb 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW