Piping hot soup on a cool night is pure comfort! This ham and tomato chowder recipe is a perfect match with a grilled cheese sandwich. This is sure comfort in every bowl!
Ham and Tomato Chowder Recipe
Ham and Tomato Chowder Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white onion chopped
- 1/4 Cup Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3/4 Cup ham chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chicken (use fillets), cubed
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup water cold
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt to taste
- parsley sprigs for garnish
- Heat oil in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Sauté onions and potatoes until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add ham, chicken, and butter; cook for 1 minute. Add flour and cook for another minute. pour in stock and diced tomatoes. bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk and cold water; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add thyme; season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to individual bowls. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.