Bring the subtle flavor of fish to life with herbs and lemons. Use this baked herbed fish recipe and serve your dish with rice pilaf, buttered pasta, or mixed salad greens.
Baked Herbed Fish Recipe
Baked Herbed Fish Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 piece lemon half sliced thinly, the other juiced and its zest grated
- 1/4 Cup olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- black pepper to season
- 1 large or 2 medium whole fish (use sole fillet, about 300 grams each), scales removed, gutted, and head removed if desired
- 1 piece white onion sliced
- 2 stalks Leeks sliced into 3-inch lengths
- 1 piece Thai Chili Peppers liced, or 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 Cup Pitted Olives halved
- 1/4 Cup Cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place herbs, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and olive oil in a food processor. Blend until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
- Lay fish on a chopping board or plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle a large baking dish with olive oil. Arrange onions and leeks on the bottom. Place fish on top.
- Rub fish with herb mixture and drizzle with more olive oil. Top with lemon slices. Sprinkle with chili. Arrange olives and tomatoes around the pan.
- Place baking dish in the preheated oven, on the upper rack. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or just until fish is cooked but still moist and tender.