Try this soba recipe! In the winter, the Japanese like their soba hot; and in the summer they like it cold, like this.
- 5 parts water
- 1 part Soy Sauce
- 1 part mirin (japanese sweet rice wine)
- dash hondashi
- 70 Grams soba (buckwheat noodles)
- 1 piece imitation crab sticks (surimi) sliced into strips
- onion leeks sliced diagonally
- Nori (dried seaweed) strips
- tempura crumbs
- wasabi to serve
- Cook the broth: In a saucepan, boil water, Kikkoman soy sauce, mirin, and hondashi for a few minutes. Keep cold.
- Prep the soba: Put soba noodles in a deep bowl and pour cold sauce over. Arrange crabstick, onion leeks, wakame or Japanese seaweed, nori strips, and tempura crumbs) around noodles and serve with wasabi.