Try your hand at making longganisa at home. You can indulge without worrying about preservatives and extenders.
Homemade Chicken Longganisa Recipe
Homemade Chicken Longganisa Ingredients
- 500 Grams Chicken (use skinless chicken breast fillet), minced
- 200 Grams Chicken (use chicken thigh fillet), minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup onion grated
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons muscovado sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- coconut oil for brushing
- Mix well all ingredients except coconut oil.
- Scoop out mixture into 2½-inch balls; roll into 3-inch logs. Wrap each in plastic wrap, if needed, to hold shape. Chill for at least 45 minutes.
- Heat a pan over high heat. Brush with coconut oil. Pan-fry longganisa until cooked, about 2 minutes on each side.