Making homemade pork sausages is easier than you think! You can shape them into patties for a fuss-free dinner. The added bacon helps these sausages stay moist and become more flavorful as they cook.
Homemade Mini Sausages Recipe
Homemade Mini Sausages Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 3 slices bacon finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 medium red onion peeled, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise to serve
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix ground pork, bacon, sage, onion, and ice water. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Test for seasoning by cooking and tasting a small portion then adjust seasoning accordingly. Divide mixture into 12 and form into patties. Store with wax paper between each patty. Cover with plastic wrap, and let sit overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a cast iron pan over medium heat. Lightly brush with oil. Add patties to the pan, and cook until browned and crisp on both sides. Avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Drain on a rack over paper towels, and serve with mayonnaise. Pack with steamed rice or place in pandesal. Recipe originally published in the September 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.