This Filipino street food is usually eaten as an appetizer and served with vinegar on the side. It takes a bit of time to clean (and boil) but this pork intestine dish, fried until crisp and crunchy, can be quite addicting.
How do you make crunchy chicharon bulaklak?
The key to this crunchy snack is really the proper cleaning and cooking of the pork. One way to make cooking this pork dish easier is by chopping up the bulaklak for faster cooking. Another is by completely drying the pork after boiling before frying it so it can become as crispy as it can be.
Watch the video on how to make chicharon bulaklak at home:
Chicharon Bulaklak Recipe
Chicharon Bulaklak Ingredients
- 1 kilo pork intestines use ruffled fat
- 1 Cup white vinegar
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- Rub pork intestines with salt and vinegar then rinse with water.
- Boil the pork intestines in water with salt and whole peppercorn. Let it simmer until it is tender or simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove the water and cut pork into small pieces.
- In a wok with vegetable oil, fry each piece of pork intestine until crispy or golden brown.
- Season with salt while it is hot. Serve immediately. Serve with vinegar on the side. READ THESE: MORE CHICHARON RECIPES Bagnet Chicharon Recipe Bacon Chicharon Recipe