Make a hefty pasta soup by including spicy Italian sausages in the mix. Use freshly made pesto for a more brightly flavored broth.
Italian Sausage and Pesto Pasta Soup Recipe
This soup is flavored with pesto!
Italian Sausage and Pesto Pasta Soup Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 4 Italian sausages sliced
- 1 white onion peeled, sliced
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1/2 375-gram pack pasta shells uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 6 teaspoons Pesto
- 1 250-gram pack edamame frozen. thawed, shelled
- 1 handful basil leaves Optional
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In medium-sized stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil, then add sausages. Sauté until browned. Remove from pot, transfer to plate, set aside.
- Add onion, and sweat it. Add bouillon and let dissolve in the oil. Add pasta, water, and edamame. Bring to a boil and let simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pesto. Bring to a simmer again, and cook only until pasta is al dente. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in basil leaves (if using) while dish still hot, and serve. Recipe originally published in the July 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW