Make hash browns with orange sweet potatoes! This breakfast will definitely satisfy. Don’t forget to pair these crunchy hash browns with a runny egg on top.
Kamote Hash Browns with Egg Recipe
Kamote Hash Browns with Egg Ingredients
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (kamote) peeled, grated, about 2 cups
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- 5 large eggs divided
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Mix camote, cheese, and 1 egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Melt half the butter. Place 2 handfuls of the camote mixture onto the pan, spreading each mound flat.
- Cook until browned and firm before flipping with a spatula. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining mixture. Set aside.
- Fry remaining eggs, sunny-side up, to your desired doneness, in the same pan. To serve, top 2 hash browns with an egg. Season to taste. Recipe originally published in the April 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.