This Kapampangan version of chicken asado is made with fresh tomatoes. Mouthwatering flavors and ingredients definitely make this a must-try! This dish is filled with aromatic ingredients that are sure to make your dining table smell absolutely divine. Fresh tomatoes and a dash of atsuete oil also make this chicken asado recipe taste extra good.
Kapampangan Chicken Asado Recipe
Make your favorite Pinoy chicken asado recipe, Kapampangan-style!
Kapampangan Chicken Asado Ingredients
- 500 Grams Chicken we used legs, thighs, and wings
- 4 pieces calamansi
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons white onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 1 piece laurel leaf
- 2 1/2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Achuete Oil (annatto oil)
- Marinate chicken pieces in calamansi juice and soy sauce. Keep chilled for about 4 hours.
- Heat oil and butter in a pot over medium high heat. Sear the chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté onions, garlic, bay leaf and tomatoes. Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes then add soy sauce and brown sugar and mix well.
- Return the chicken back to the pan and simmer further for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Add atsuete oil and season to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW