Pork asado is a popular pork dish adapted from the Chinese. The Kapampangan version is stewed with tomato paste and fresh tomatoes, giving this sweet dish a bit of tang.
Kapampangan-style Pork Asado Recipe
Kapampangan-style Pork Asado Ingredients
- 1 kilo pork shoulder or kasim (use 1-2 pieces)
- juice from 12 pieces calamansi
- 2/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1/4 kilo tomatoes chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorn
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Cup tomato paste
- Marinate pork shoulder in calamansi juice and soy sauce for 30 minutes.
- In a medium-sized pot, saute butter, onions and tomatoes. Add the bay leaves, peppercorn, sugar and tomato paste. Add in the pork with its marinade.
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes to one hour until the pork is fork-tender.