This Korean beef stew recipe is easy peasy. All you have to do is mix everything into a slow cooker and let it come together in a few hours. The slow cooker will do all the work for you, and you won’t have to be a slave to the stove.
Korean Beef Stew Recipe
Korean Beef Stew Ingredients
- 1 1/2 kilo beef short ribs cubed
- 3 packets Seasoning Mix Korean beef barbecue seasoning
- 1 Asian pear peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce plus more to taste
- 1 large potato peeled, cut into eight
- 1 large carrot peeled, cut into eight
- Place beef, barbecue seasoning mix, pear, soy sauce, sugar, and chili-garlic sauce in the pot of the slow cooker. Add enough water to cover the beef. Stir. Turn slow cooker on and cook on High, 5 hours, covered, or until beef is tender. Skim and discard the scum that rises to the surface of the broth within the first hour until moderately clear.
- Add potato and carrots in the third hour of cooking, stir, and cook until tender. Stir in more chili-garlic sauce if desired. Serve while hot. Recipe originally published in the August 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.