Always wanted to make Korean beef wraps at home? You can get creative with presentation: Prep a do-it-yourself station during your next gathering and see who can make the best-looking wraps!
Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 whole Garlic
- 1 piece red onion minced
- 1 kilo Beef use boneless beef ribs or beef brisket
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 piece star anise
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds divided
- 1 stalk baby leeks sliced
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (patis) or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head lettuce leaves separated, cleaned, and dried
- 1 piece red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 stem green onion chopped
- Heat vegetable oil in a casserole over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic; add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add beef; cook until browned. Add soy sauce and stock to cover beef. Add water if beef stock is not enough.
- Add star anise and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Lower heat; simmer for 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Add sesame oil, 4 tablespoons sesame, leeks, and cayenne pepper; simmer for 5 minutes more. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Slice beef into strips.
- To serve, place beef in lettuce cups. Spoon sauce over and garnish with bell peppers, green onions, and remaining sesame seeds.