This shrimp dish has sweet notes of garlic, sesame, chili, and peanuts. The sauce is so versatile, add chicken chunks and toss with spaghetti to make it into a great version of the favorite resto dish.
Kung Pao Shrimp Recipe
Kung Pao Shrimp Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 cloves Garlic peeled, chopped
- 1/4 Cup peanuts
- 1/4 kilogram medium shrimp peeled, deveined, tails intact
- spring onions sliced into 1-inch lengths
- Oil for frying
- Make Kung Pao sauce: In a medium saucepan, whisk together chicken stock, cornstarch, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, sugar, vinegar, and sesame oil. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic, and cook until aromatic. Add in prawns. Flip once opaque. Stir in peanuts. Remove from heat.
- Add half the Kung Pao Sauce. Toss to coat. Add more sauce to taste. Transfer to a plate to serve. Top with spring onions. Serve while hot.