A brulée is similar to the local leche flan except that the sugar is caramelized on top and not at the bottom of the pan.
Langka Brulee Recipe
Langka Brulee Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup jackfruit (langka) preserve
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 8 Egg yolks only
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a saucepan, blend jackfruit preserve with whipping cream. Put over low heat and cook just until about to boil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks with the sugar. Gradually whisk in the jackfruit-flavored cream.
- Pour into 6 ramekins. Cover with aluminum foil then transfer to a roasting pan. Fill the pan halfway with hot water. Put in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until set but still soft at the center. Cool.
- Before serving, cover the top with more sugar. Caramelize the sugar with a blow torch or by broiling in the oven. Serve at once.
TIP: Baking the custards with the hot water in the pan will ensure that the cooked texture is soft and creamy, not tough and dry.