Got whole fish in your freezer? This time, stay away from frying and steaming and make this flavourful fish stew instead.
Larang sa Manggang Hilaw Recipe
Larang sa Manggang Hilaw Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 medium onion sliced thinly
- 1 piece ginger cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons fermented black beans (tausi)
- 1 piece green mango cut into thin strips
- 2 pieces ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 piece red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 whole Red Snapper (Maya-Maya)
- 1 piece finger chilies (siling pangsigang)
- fish sauce (patis)
- 2 stalks Leeks , sliced diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- In a pan or wok, heat oil. Sauté garlic, onions, and ginger until fragrant. Add black beans, green mangoes, tomatoes, and bell pepper.
- Place fish over vegetables and add just enough water to cover the fi sh. Let simmer until fish is cooked. Add finger chili. Season to taste with fish sauce and pepper. Top with leeks and serve hot.