Lechon kawali can give plenty of texture to your breakfast hash. Mix up this crunchy pork with your favorite chopped vegetables for a tasty dish.
Lechon Kawali Hash Recipe
Lechon Kawali Hash Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 slab Pork belly lechon kawali cut (around 1/2 kg), tenderized, cubed
- 1 medium potato peeled, cubed
- 1 Small red onion peeled, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, minced
- 2 tomatoes cored, diced
- 1 Small carrot peeled, cubed
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a deep sauté pan over medium heat. Once hot, add pork and sauté until browned and crispy. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Remove with a slotted spoon onto paper towels to drain excess oil. Set aside.
- In remaining oil, add potatoes and sauté, stirring, until browned and softened. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to pork. Set aside.
- Remove excess oil, leaving just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add onion and cook until softened. Add garlic, then tomatoes, and cook until both are softened. Toss in carrots and cook until just heated through. Add pork and potatoes, then stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper while tossing to mix. Serve with garlic fried rice while hot. Recipe originally published in the March 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.