Leftover lechon kawali can be transformed into a new delicious dish. This pork belly recipe is bound to be a favorite.
Lechon Kawali Paksiw Recipe
Lechon Kawali Paksiw Ingredients
- 2 cups pork stock
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 8 pieces dried bay leaf
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 kilo lechon kawali (leftovers may be used)
- 3/4 Cup Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 3 cups store-bought lechon sauce
- Salt to taste
- Heat a medium-sized pot and pour in the pork stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add the garlic and onions then cook until the texture becomes soft.
- Add in the whole peppercorns, dried bay leaves, and soy sauce. Add the lechon kawali pieces and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour in the vinegar and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the sugar and lechon sauce, then simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve warm.