Lechon kawali is a Filipino pork belly dish which requires boiling marinated pork belly, freezing it overnight, then deep-frying prior to serving. This lechon kawali recipe makes use of a turbo broiler, which cuts down on cooking time.
Lechon Kawali Recipe
This recipes makes use of a turbo broiler, cutting cooking time to less than two hours.
Lechon Kawali Ingredients
- 1 1/2 kilogram pork use pork belly
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- Salt to season
- Season the pork belly with fish sauce, salt and pepper.
- Marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a turbo broiler, place the pork in the middle of the pot with the skin side on top.
- Set the timer to 40 minutes at 200C.
- Check the pork from time to time. Once the pork is cooked, set the timer again to 20 minutes then increase the temperature to 250C. This will make the skin pop and crispy.
- Chop while still hot and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW