Looking for the ultimate party dish? Combine two favorites, lechon kawali and pancit. Remember to fry the lechon kawali until the pork pieces are super crunchy!
Lechon Pancit Recipe
Lechon Pancit Ingredients
- 1 Pack miki noodles rinsed, dried
- 1 slab Pork belly lechon kawali cut (around 1/2 kg), tenderized, cubed
- 1 medium red onion peeled, sliced thinly
- 1 Small carrot peeled, cut into strips
- 1 Pack young corn cut diagonally
- 1 Small red bell pepper seeded, sliced into strips
- 1 Small green bell pepper seeded, sliced into strips
- 1/2 head small cabbage shredded
- 1 1/2 cups pork stock from lechon kawali
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- calamansi to serve
- Onions to serve
- Soy Sauce to serve
- In a wok over medium heat, add oil for deepfrying. Once hot, add enough noodles to the wok to cover the bottom. Using a strainer, push noodles down into the oil until submerged. Deep fry until browned and crispy. Remove from wok and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Add lechon kawali strips to the wok, and deep fry until browned and crispy. Scoop out using a strainer and drain on a rack over paper towels.
- Remove excess oil from the wok, leaving just enough for sautéing. Add onion, and cook until softened. Add carrot and young corn, and sauté until heated through. Add bell peppers and cabbage, and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in pork until mixed. Remove from wok, and set aside.
- Make gravy: In a large bowl, mix pork stock and cornstarch. Pour into wok over medium heat, and let simmer, stirring. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place crispy pancit on a serving platter. Top with vegetables and pork, and pour gravy on top. Let gravy soak into noodles, and toss until combined. Serve with a sauce made of calamansi, soy sauce, and onions on the side. Recipe originally published in the March 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.