Take Pinoy sisig to the next level with crunchy lechon kawali! You can fry pork belly until crispy or simply use leftover lechon kawali to create a tasty dish.
Lechon Sisig Recipe
Lechon Sisig Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 medium red onion peeled, diced
- 1 slab Pork belly lechon kawali cut (around 1/2 kg), tenderized, cubed
- 2 tablespoons liquid seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Calamansi Juice
- 3 pieces siling labuyo chopped
- 2 large eggs
- calamansi halved, to serve
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large cast iron pan over medium heat. Once hot, add half the onion and cook, stirring, until softened. Add chopped pork. Sauté, stirring, until heated through and sizzling.
- Season with liquid seasoning, calamansi juice, and ground black pepper. Stir in remaining onion and sili. Remove from pan and onto a plate. Set aside.
- In the same pan, fry eggs sunny-side up. Top sisig with fried eggs, and serve with calamansi on the side. Recipe originally published in the March 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.