Flavor pound cake with lemons to give it a sweet-tangy kick. Once you master the basic pound cake recipe, you can easily make other variations, too. Here, chia is added to the mix. This ancient grain is considered a superfood because it packs a lot of nutrients; you only need a small amount to reap its benefits. It definitely makes this option a healthy treat!
Lemon Chia Cake Bars Recipe
Lemon Chia Cake Bars Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 Cup unsalted butter softened slightly
- 1 Cup sugar
- lemon zest
- 2 large Egg
- 1/3 Cup sour cream
- lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar
- chia seeds to top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a baking pan with mini-loaf molds with butter and line with parchment paper.
- Sift together cake flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter, sugar, and lemon zest on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with sour cream and lemon juice.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before unmolding and glazing, about 5 minutes.
- Make the glaze: Whisk together lemon juice and zest, milk, and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- Spoon glaze over mini cake loaves. Sprinkle chia seeds on top.